Bovine Neonatal Diarrhea Screen PCR (BCV, BRV, Crypto, F5/K99, Salmonella)
Section: Molecular Diagnostics
Turnaround Time: 1 - 2 business days
Days Test Started: Wednesday,Friday
10 - 20 grams
GENERAL - Label all containers with appropriate information - Animal ID, Owner Name, Veterinarian, Sample Type, Date.
REFRIGERATION - Refrigerate all samples until shipment.
FECES - Collect feces in a leak proof container (sealable plastic bag or jar - do NOT submit in gloves). Collect feces that is free of debris and bedding.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture) DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easily matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to email@example.com.
FECES - Ensure container is securely sealed. Double bag all diarrhea samples to contain any leaks.
Additional InformationThis PCR test detects Bovine Coronavirus, Bovine Rotavirus, Cryptosporidium, Fimbrial Antigen F5 (previously K99) of pathogenic E. coli strains, and Salmonella spp. in bovine neonatal feces.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf