Abortion Necropsy Panel
Turnaround Time: 10 days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Species: Bovine, Canine, Caprine, Ovine, Porcine
Fetus and Placenta
See list below
FETUS/FETAL TISSUES - Refrigerate and store the body until it is able to be delivered to the lab for necropsy. Deliver to ADDL for necropsy as soon as possible to minimize autolysis. Remember to collect and submit placenta (cotyledonary NOT amniotic).
FETUS/FETAL TISSUES - Double bag body if shipping through a courier service. Ship placenta in a separate leakproof, plastic bag.
Additional InformationThe abortion necropsy panel fee will be charge for each of the following individuals or groups: 1 bovine fetus; up to 2 ovine/caprine/other ruminant fetuses; up to 3 porcine/feline/canine fetuses. Tissue from multiple fetuses will be pooled for ancillary testing.Fee does not include $10 accessioning fee.
*Necropsy cases will have an additional fee added for disposal of the remains. For more information, visit Necropsy Disposal.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf