Leptospira (7 serovars) MAT
Turnaround Time: 1 - 4 business days
Days Test Started: Tuesday,Friday
Species: All Species
Red top Vacutainer tube or equivalent
0.5 – 1 ml*
If submitting specimens from multiple animals, 1) label each tube sequentially (e.g., 1, 2, 3…) to correspond to the specimen/animal order on the submission form; 2) for each specimen, list animal IDs on submission form; and, 3) if >10 animals per submission, please submit an electronic spreadsheet with animal IDs (in sequential order) – this will facilitate accessioning and data entry, reducing turn-around time. If multiple serology tests are requested on any one serum sample, minimum amount is 1-1.5 ml. Refrigerate specimen(s) until shipped.
If shipping different tissue types, clearly label each container with owner and animal ID (if applicable) and sample/tissue type. Ship specimens overnight with an ice pack. DO NOT SHIP OVER WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY.
Additional InformationThe seven serovars detected are L. autumnalis, L. bratislava, L. canicola, L grippotyphosa, L. hardjo, L. icterohemorrhagiae, L. pomona.
Contact lab in advance of large quantity submissions.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf