Undergrad Research Grants
The OUR Research Grant program supports Purdue undergraduate students in the pursuit of their research, creative endeavors, and scholarly activities (collectively referred to as "research").
These awards, up to $500, are competitively awarded in the fall and spring semesters.
The student application and research mentor letter of support, submitted separately, must be submitted by the deadline for the application to be complete. No late or incomplete applications will be considered. Email notification with the research grant decision will be sent to you and your research mentor no later than 4 weeks after the application deadline.
Expected Uses of Funds
- Purchase supplies or materials (i.e., consumables) necessary for the research project, but not equipment.
- Printing or postage, if required for the research project.
- Travel to conduct research at different sites, not to present your research.
Prohibited Used of Funds
- Compensation for anyone working on the project
The Fall 2018 deadline is Oct. 10, 2018. The Spring 2019 deadline will be announced later.
- Application forms for the grant program must be completed online for all proposed projects.
- Approval by the research mentor is required and with using the funds appropriately.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Students must communicate with the OUR regarding any questions involving the application or grant.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee funding.
- Each grant recipient is required to write a final report describing what skills were gained, how the research will be published (e.g., poster, paper, gallery), and the benefits of the grant. The final report is due no later than one week prior to the end of the semester to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Point of Contact
Office of Undergraduate Research
Phone: (765) 494-6503