Take the next step. Join other first-year Psychology students with your interests as they begin exploring human behavior and the mind. Through active LC participation, you will bring your classroom education to life. Examination and identification of career paths, conversations with experts, and research tours are all part of this exciting Learning Community.
Classroom experiences will be enhanced by activities designed to strengthen your knowledge, interpret the behaviors of animals and humans, and explore how personality develops. You will identify the characteristics of sleep, recognize our biological needs and how we meet these, define abnormal behavior(s), discover how and when fear is learned, and possibly even how psychology relates to stoves and doors.
At the end of the fall semester, you will have new friends, first-hand connections to faculty and staff in the Psychological Sciences Department, and a greater understanding of the role psychology plays in your daily life.
- First-time beginning students in any college/school/major
- This LC is available to Honors College participants; those students will live with the Honors College and participate in the course(s) and activities of the LC
- OPTIONAL in McCutcheon Hall
- If you choose this option, your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2016 Semester
PSY 10000, PSY 12000
Events and Activities Included:
- Participate in expert-led discussions through psychology podcasts
- Take a tour of Psychological Sciences research facilities, future PSY 390 opportunities
- Contemplate how we learn fear through a trip to a local haunted house
- Observe animal behavior during a trip to Wolf Park
- Bagels and office hours with faculty
- Take part in a variety of local service learning opportunities connecting you to future volunteer/observation/internship sites
Information above subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your classes.