Women in Engineering
The Women in Engineering Program invites you to apply to participate in a diverse community of first-year engineering students placed on one of the engineering floors in Earhart or Harrison halls. This community makes it easy to find others in your classes to study with and hang out with. Most resident assistants for the floors are upper class engineering students who are full of advice and support. Floor-based programming promotes friendships and fun. This low-key community allows you to get easily involved in other Women in Engineering Program activities and other related Learning Communities. This Learning Community is all about interest in the success of women in the various fields of engineering - all students regardless of gender are welcome and encouraged to apply. College of Engineering students are encouraged to apply for combining participation in this Learning Community with other College of Engineering Learning Communities; please see individual LC profiles in the College of Engineering for eligibility requirements.
- First-time beginning students admitted to the First-Year Engineering Program or to Pre-ABE in the College of Agriculture
- This LC is not available to Honors College participants
- REQUIRED in Earhart Hall or in Harrison Hall
- If you choose this option, your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2016 Semester and Spring 2017 Semester
Events and Activities Included:
- Make important social and academic contacts with other first-year engineering students to help you succeed during your first year
- Network with upper-level engineering students interested in the success of women in the College of Engineering
- If you are selected for the Women in Engineering Residential Program and another learning community, you may be able to participate in both while living with the Women in Engineering Residential Program
Information above subject to change.