Future Naval Officers of Purdue
The Future Naval Officers of Purdue Learning Community is devoted to building a solid foundation for future Navy and Marine Corps Officers. This community is a collaborative effort between students interested in pursuing a career in the US Naval Service and the Active-Duty NROTC Purdue staff. This community offers not only an introduction to the requirements and expectations of Naval Officers, but also an opportunity to develop teamwork and leadership skills with fellow first-year students through a variety of professional, cultural, and athletic events. The Future Naval Officers of Purdue Learning Community offers the opportunity to build and enhance relationships with fellow Naval Science students and faculty in informal, fun, and friendly out-of-class activities.
- First-time beginning students admitted to any college/school/major
- Participation in Navy ROTC
- This LC is available to Honors College participants.
- OPTIONAL in Wiley Hall
- Your roommate in most cases will be a member of the LC
- Completing a housing contract is a separate process from applying for the LC
Fall 2014 Semester and Spring 2015 Semester
Fall – NS 11000, NS 20200
Spring – NS 20200, NS 21300
Events and Activities May Include:
- Sail Training and Picnic at Raccoon Lake State Recreation Area
- Tour Tippecanoe Battlefield
- Feast of the Hunters’ Moon
- Turkey Trot service run
- Military Appreciation Day Football Game
- Navy and Marine Corps Birthday Ball
- Surface Nuclear presentation by aircraft carrier Reactor Officer
Information above is subject to change. If you are placed in the LC, the associated courses will be on your schedule prior to you registering for the rest of your courses.