Child Care Assistance

Spring Application, Apply Now

Deadline to apply is Friday, January 3rd!

What is the Child Care Assistance Fund?

The Child Care Assistance Fund provides eligible fee paying undergraduate student parents with tuition assistance for child care (including full day or part day Pre-K, and after school care for children enrolled in K-6 programs). Funding is available for the fall and spring academic terms as well as the summer.  Students enrolled in internships/school sponsored work experiences or research programs may also qualify for assistance.

Graduate students seeking child care assistance, should visit Purdue’s Graduate Student Government page for their application.

Any enrolled fee paying undergraduate student parent may apply, provided that the student is financial aid eligible. Additionally, Child Care Assistance Fund applicants will also be directed to the State of Indiana’s Child Care and Development Fund Child Care Voucher Program since CCDF funding may be a better choice for child care tuition assistance for families.

 Who must provide the care?

Either a licensed child care facility or a registered private home provider must provide care.

Can any enrolled undergraduate parent apply?

Yes. Any fee-paying undergraduate parent with demonstrated financial need may apply, provided that they are carrying 6 or more academic credits per term at Purdue West Lafayette or Purdue Polytechnic Lafayette.  Degree seeking students are given priority.

Is there a timeline?

Yes.  Scholarships are offered for each of the fall, spring and summer terms.  Deadlines are typically two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester.

 ***Students completing an internship or research experience during the summer term must provide a summer employment schedule including place of employment and/or confirmation of campus activity.

Must the family have a childcare or after school care provider selected when applying?

Yes. If the family does not have a current provider, listings of local providers may be accessed through Purdue Family Friendly site, or by going directly to the Carefinder Home Page.

Our scholarship funds are limited and do not typically cover the costs associated with an entire semester of expenses.  Please do not make a commitment to a child care program due to this scholarship.

 How is the program funded?

The program is funded by generous individual donations to Span Plan and in large part by the Purdue Women’s Club and the Big Give grant awarded by the Purdue University Parent & Family Advisory Board.

How is the level of tuition assistance determined?

Scholarships are based on available funding, and families with the greatest need are given priority. Anticipated awards will be $500 – $1,000. Therefore you MUST have a current and complete FAFSA on file to be considered for assistance.

How are the awards paid?

Scholarships are paid through the Division of Financial Aid.  If you have not already done so at the time of application, we encourage you to complete a budget adjustment with that office for your childcare costs.  Details can be found here.  

Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 (765) 494-4600

© 2020 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Span Plan Nontraditional Student Services

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact Span Plan Nontraditional Student Services at