I Want Help from the University

If you are in immediate danger, call 9-1-1. 

Purdue University is committed to providing a comprehensive response to students who have experienced any form of sexual harassment or violence, including sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking. Our goal is to ensure that all students who report to the University are met with a caring and compassionate response and are provided with access to all available resources and supports necessary to take full advantage of their educational opportunities at the University. 

The Title IX Coordinator 

Purdue's Title IX Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the University's compliance with Title IX, including overseeing all complaints of sex discrimination, which includes sexual harassment and violence, and identifying and addressing any patterns or systemic problems that arise during the review of such complaints. 

The Dean of Students On-Call Team

Professional staff from the Office of the Dean of Students serve on-call rotations, and an on-call staff member may be activated by contacting the Purdue University Police Department non-emergency number (765.494.8221). Crisis support services are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, including:

  • Immediate student-centered support and advocacy
  • Addressing immediate safety concerns
  • Informing student of available options regarding medical services, forensic evidence collection, and reporting to law enforcement

Center for Advocacy, Response, and Education (CARE)

Professional staff from CARE are available to provide confidential, ongoing support and advocacy, including:

  • Support in accessing health and counseling services
  • Academic accommodations
  • Legal advocacy, including help with obtaining legal protective orders
  • Housing accommodations
  • Consultation with friends, family and others on how to support a victim, as requested by the student
  • Assistance filing a formal criminal report or formal University complaint and accompaniment with the student during medical, law enforcement, and/or student conduct proceedings, and assistance in connecting a student to community resources
  • Assistance in connecting a student to community resources
  • Developing safety plans
  • Various other campus and off-campus needs

Academic Accommodations

Professional staff from CARE or the Title IX Coordinator can assist students in arranging on-campus accommodations with faculty members, including:

  • Course accommodations that might include reasonable adjustments to coursework and class schedules
  • Changing class schedules so that a victim/survivor does not have to share class with a Respondent
  • Absence notifications or requests for Incompletes

All academic accommodations are provided with the highest level of privacy possible and only with the permission of the victim/survivor.


Counseling and Psychological Services has professional therapists who are specially trained in college mental health with whom victims/survivors may consult in a confidential setting. Professional counseling staff, licensed psychologists, or therapists with experience in trauma response and healing are available to assist students with personal counseling. Information disclosed to CAPS mental health professionals is held in strict confidence, consistent with applicable federal and state laws. 

Health Services

The Women's Clinic at the Purdue University Student Health Center (services are available to students of any sex or gender) has trained professionals who can provide victims/survivors with post-assault medical treatment, including sexual assault forensic examinations and preservation of evidence, injury treatment, prevention of sexually transmitted infections, and evaluation of the risk of pregnancy and prophylactic contraception, as needed. There is no charge for this confidential treatment.

Housing Accommodations

Victims/survivors may no longer feel safe within their current living situations, and CARE or the Title IX Coordinator can assist students in finding alternate housing options, depending on the circumstances.

On-Campus Housing Accommodations: For students who live on-campus, there may be multiple options for alternate campus housing, including moving or removing from housing a Respondent, or moving the victim/survivor upon request. 
Off-Campus Housing Accommodations: For students who live off-campus, the Student Assistance Center can assist in trying to work with the student's landlord to ensure that the student feels safe in their living situation. Termporary on-campus emergency housing may be available even to students who live off-campus upon request.

Report an Incident
Reporting Options
Advocacy Services Frequently Asked Questions About the University's Response


24-Hour Confidential Information and Support Hotline

Call anytime to speak with someone who can explain your options and connect you with resources.