phone icon


24-Hour Confidential Information and Support Hotline

Call anytime to speak with someone who can explain your options and connect you with resources.

Things to Consider If You're Not Sure What to Do

   If you would like pursue action against the person who hurt you, you have the option to report the incident to the police or the University.

   If a report is made to either the police or to the University, you have additional options to keep the Respondent away from you, such as protective orders through the local courts and no-contact directives from the University. Obtaining an order from the court is free, and advocate from the Office of the Dean of Students can help explain the process and accompany you if you wish.

   Whether or not you choose to report, we want to ensure you are safe in your situation.  We encourage you to seek safety planning from a confidential resource (if you choose not to report) or to work with the Office of the Dean of Students (if you do choose to report). 

   Do know that, there are additional support options available on campus, including help with academic problems, class schedules, housing arrangements, transportation, work accommodations, and assistance in receiving health and counseling resources.  You are NOT required to provide additional information about the incident, including the identity of the person who did this, or participate in a University investigation in order to receive services. Our primary goal is your safety and well-being, and we will respect your decision to share, or not share, any aspect of the situation with us.

   If the person who did this is not affiliated with Purdue University, our primary response to the report of an incident will focus on providing services to you and addressing any safety issues on campus.

    Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

    2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by the Office of Institutional Equity  

    Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the Office of Institutional Equity at