phone icon


24-Hour Confidential Information and Support Hotline

Call anytime to speak with someone who can explain your options and connect you with resources.

Frequently Asked Questions About Community Resources

   Can agencies in the community help me with problems on campus?

Outside agencies do not have authority to independently arrange on-campus remediation, such as housing changes, academic adjustments, or other campus needs. Both the Lafayette Crisis Center and the YWCA have specially trained advocates who can serve as your support person in any campus disciplinary process or law enforcement process. 

   If I get help from a community agency, will they tell the University?

No. Services provided by the Lafayette Crisis Center and the YWCA are confidential, and they will not share information with the University without your permission. 

   If I get help within the community now, can I report to the University or the police later if I want?

Yes. You always have the right to report to the University, no matter when the incident happened. Keep in mind that the longer in time you wait to report an incident to law enforcement or to the University, the more likely it is that some physical or witness evidence may be unavailable or gone. 

    Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

    2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by the Office of Institutional Equity  

    Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the Office of Institutional Equity at