Standing Committees: Faculty Affairs
Members of this committee shall become thoroughly familiar with Principles and Policies for Academic Freedom, Responsibilities and Tenure, and Procedures for Termination of Faculty Appointments for Cause as found in Executive Memorandum B-48.
The Committee shall undertake a continuing study of the policies relating to both direct and indirect compensation and benefits of the faculty. Indirect compensation shall be understood to include, but not be limited to: retirement and insurance, faculty housing, educational privileges, leaves, travel expense, and recreational athletic facilities. The committee shall report to the president through the Faculty Affairs Committee and the Senate.
The committee shall be charged with continuing data collection and analysis of faculty surveys, coordination of all other faculty survey related activities, and sharing collected information regularly with the faculty.
Members of the committee should become thoroughly familiar with the Grade Appeals System in the current Student Handbook.
- Calendar, Agenda & Minutes
- Presidential Search — Special Advisory Committee Final Report
- Chair Report to Trustees
- Committee Sign-up
- Intercampus Faculty Council
- Résumé of Items under Consideration
- Surveys and Feedback
- Special Senate Meeting
- Online Discussion Forum to Key Issues
- Links to Other University Senates
- Indiana University Senate
- Michigan State Senate
- Northwestern University Senate
- Ohio State Senate
- Penn State Senate
- Rutgers University Senate
- University of Illinois Senate
- University of Iowa Senate
- University of Maryland Senate
- University of Michigan Senate
- University of Minnesota Senate
- University of Nebraska Senate
- University of Wisconsin Senate