Eight Purdue researchers named in 2023 list of Highly Cited Researchers
Eight Purdue University researchers were named in Clarivate’s 2023 list of Highly Cited Researchers, an indication of research excellence and influence. Clarivate’s report draws on data from the analytics company’s Web of Science citation index, which is used to calculate the journal impact factor of published research articles.
According to Clarivate, the list recognizes “influential researchers at universities, research institutes and commercial organizations around the world who have demonstrated significant and broad influence in their field(s) of research.”
- Babak Anasori, the Reilly Rising Star Associate Professor of Materials and Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering.
- Letian Dou, the Charles Davidson Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering.
- Alexander Kildishev, professor of electrical and computer engineering, College of Engineering.
- Jeffrey Miller, professor of chemical engineering, College of Engineering.
- Kinam Park, the Showalter Distinguished Professor of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering.
- Vladimir Shalaev, the Bob and Anne Burnett Distinguished Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering.
- Louis Tay, the William C. Byham Professor in Psychological Sciences, College of Health and Human Sciences.
- Peide Ye, the Richard J. and Mary Jo Schwartz Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering.
Each researcher selected has authored multiple Highly Cited Papers, which rank in the top 1% by citations for their fields and publication year in the Web of Science over the past decade. However, citation activity is not the sole selection indicator. A preliminary list based on citation activity is then refined using qualitative analysis and expert judgment.