Frequently Asked Questions

What is a registered dietitian?

A Registered Dietitian (RD) is a food and nutrition expert who has a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited university, completed an accredited supervised practice program (i.e. Dietetic Internship), passed a national exam administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, and completed professional continuing education requirements to maintain registration.

Registered Dietitians are the health professionals best suited to help you meet your food and nutrition goals!

Where can I get nutrition counseling?

A registered dietitian is available for nutrition counseling and appointments are free of charge to students. The first appointment generally lasts 60 minutes, with follow-up appointments, if needed, lasting 30 minutes. Schedule an Appointment.

I am a Purdue faculty or staff member and would like to see the dietitian. Where can I go?

The Center for Healthy Living offers registered dietitian services at no charge to benefits-eligible employees and to family members who are covered on the employee’s Purdue medical plan. Schedule an Appointment or call 765.494.0111.

I think I (or my friend) might have an eating disorder. Where can I go for help?

If you or your friend has an eating disorder, it is important that you get help. Our dietitian is part the PUSH Eating Disorder Treatment Team and can work with you to develop a healthy relationship with food. To get started, please contact Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at 765.494.6995. They can assist you in the assessment process.

I am an RA and would like to request a nutrition program for my residence hall. What should I do?

To request a nutrition program or an education program on another topic area, please visit Wellness on Demand.

We are located in the
CoRec Wellness Suite.

Purdue University, Recreation & Wellness, West Lafayette, IN 47907 (765) 494-3109

© 2016 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact Student Life Marketing here.