Recreation & Wellness Memberships-FAQ

I'm a full time student. Do I have to pay membership fees?

A full-time student, for the purposes of eligibility to RecWell facilities, is any student at the West Lafayette campus with eight credits or more. If you have registered for 8 or more credits, have paid all your fees and have a valid PUID you may access a PRW facility. While most of our programs and services are free to members, some programs (Group Exercise, Learn to Play and Intramural leagues) and some services (locker rentals, towel service, facility reservations) require nominal fees for all users.

Is there any way for me to get a membership if I'm not connected to Purdue in any way?

Due to the limitations of our facilities and our mission to serve the students of Purdue, memberships are only available to individuals holding a valid PUID and alumni of the West Lafayette campus. All other individuals are eligible to pay a daily use fee when sponsored by a member in good standing.

Do I need to rent a locker to get towel service?

If you have a PRW membership, you can purchase towel service.

Where can I park if I have a Recreation & Wellness membership but am not eligible for a University parking permit?

PRW Household or Alumni Members who aren't eligible for a university parking permit may request a free parking permit for use in the Recreation & Wellness parking lots. This permit is only valid in A, B or C parking spaces in the Division of Recreational Sports CREC and TREC lots. This permit is non-transferable and may only be used by the RecWell member to whom it has been issued. The parking permit becomes invalid when RecWell membership is cancelled or expired.

Purdue University, Recreation & Wellness, West Lafayette, IN 47907 (765) 494-3109

© 2016 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact Student Life Marketing here.