Rental & Reservation Policies
A reservation request can be made by a recognized student organization, a university department, or a group of students, faculty, or staff.
- Reservation requests submitted by groups outside the Purdue community will be considered pending availability.
- A completed reservation form should be submitted a minimum of two weeks in advance in order to receive full consideration. Other requests will be considered as space and time allows.
- Recognized student organizations must file a Dean of Students Office Event Planning Form.
- The DRS reserves the right to alter staffing, regulate the continuation of participation, or cancel the event due to circumstances that may pose a hazard to the safety of the participants or to the condition of the facilities, including inclement weather.
- Participants must comply with State, University and DRS laws, rules and regulations. Persons misusing equipment or non-compliant to safety rules or instruction will be asked to leave the facility.
- Purdue University prohibits the possession, consumption or distribution of alcohol.
- Smoking is prohibited in and within 30 feet of all University buildings.
- Depending on the scope of the event, a non-refundable deposit or full payment may be required at the time of reservation.
- Cancellations must be received in writing at least one week prior to the event in order for refunds to be considered.
- Any group expecting to reserve or rent facility space is required to turn in an event plan along with all details including a diagram of the set-up.
Groups are responsible for ensuring that trash is disposed of properly upon the conclusion of the event or additional fees will be added for clean-up. Additional custodial or staffing needs for clean-up must be coordinated at least ten business days in advance.
Commercial sponsorship and solicitation must be approved in advance. All vendors not affiliated with the organization must have separate rental contract with the DRS.
The event sponsor will be held financially responsible for all lost, stolen or damaged equipment.
Decorations, Signage & Marketing
All postings, field or floor markings must be approved in advance.
Upon request, the Purdue Division of Recreational Sports will provide use of recreational equipment.
Food and drink are restricted to designated areas inside the DRS facilities and AQUA. Any request for event concessions must meet the approved guidelines established by Purdue University.
The representative for the group and event assumes responsibility for the adherence to the regulations and policies pertaining to Division of Recreational Sports Facility Reservations. They are also required to play an active role in the planning and supervision of the event and will assume financial responsibility for fees assessed for this event. The event sponsor (or his/her designee) will be on site throughout the reservation and will be held responsible for the conduct of all members of the group while using DRS facilities.
Liability Coverage/Certificate of Insurance
Parking is extremely limited. Any special parking requests need to be arranged through University parking. For more parking information, please call Purdue University Parking at 765-494-9494 or visit their website: http://www.purdue.edu/parking/
Staffing needs and associated costs will be determined by DRS staff.