Jennifer Marston William
Each year during the strategic plan, up to five faculty members who have demonstrated leadership potential and have an interest in administration will be chosen to work on specific projects.
- Opportunities to gain a general overview of the university including administrative processes such as academic planning, budgets, governance, governmental relations; Board of Trustees, strategic planning, research, student programs, etc.
- Opportunities to participate in discussions about the challenges of higher education, the 21st century university, the changing professoriate, the changing student body, and the changing nature of teaching, learning, and scholarship
- Opportunities to work in areas of particular interest and expertise and contribute to the decision making activities related to such areas
Areas of Focus
- Student Success: retention, graduation, student support services, innovations in learning, distance learning, continuous improvements in gateway courses, etc.
- Faculty Development: faculty retention and success, promotion and tenure faculty policies campus climate/culture, leadership development, new faculty orientation, mid-career faculty issues, faculty awards, sabbatical leaves, new programs and projects, etc.
- Research Administration: review and development of Purdue's cost share processes and research core facilities, and other related activities
Who is eligibile?
Tenured faculty members on the Purdue University West Lafayette campus
What is the compensation?
Typically appointments are up to a 0.5 FTE for two semesters. Salary savings will be returned to departments associated with the budgeted salary of the faculty member.
How do I apply?
Forward the following documents to Annie Jarrard
- A letter specifying one of the areas of focus with a proposal for a project of interest along with a summary of your relevant expertise and experience
- A current curriculum vitae
- A letter of endorsement from your department head (or dean if the applicant is a department head).
For questions please contact Alyssa Panitch at email@example.com