The Innovation Hub and Purdue Online are announcing a grant funding program to support innovations in teaching and learning. This opportunity expands upon a previous Innovation Hub funding program by increasing the scope and duration of proposals invited: up to $150,000 and up to 18 months in duration.
The jointly-issued funding program will support projects with the potential to make a positive impact on the quality of undergraduate teaching and learning at Purdue on the West Lafayette campus.
Grant applications are invited in:
- Scaling teaching and learning innovations—whether technology-driven or not—to new student residential populations, new disciplines, or new instructors (or instructional teams).
- Integrating online learning approaches and technologies into residential learning experiences.
- Achieving equity in our education enterprise (focusing on access, experience, and/or outcomes) including creating, using and scaling inclusive pedagogies.
- Creating scalable, course-based experiential learning options, especially research experiences, explorations of career pathways and the changing nature of work and transdisciplinary problems.
- Building scalable technology-driven solutions to enhance the residential experience and offer new opportunities to online learners, especially AR/VR, virtual labs and other relevant experiences.
- Implementing meaningful transdisciplinary, credentialed experiences for residential students, especially those that align with the future of work, connect to national and/or Indiana priorities, or engage “grand challenge” type questions of sustainability, social responsibility or public health.
- Applying artificial intelligence and/or machine learning technologies to drive learning innovations at scale by focusing on: content creation, personalized and/or adaptive learning, accelerated grading, enhanced faculty efficiency and student success.
Interested proposers can join a program webinar on April 7 at 1 pm (register), and all proposers are encouraged to send a one-page summary of their idea to email@example.com for feedback.
Proposals are due by April 29.