Travel Restriction FAQs

The questions and answers below support the current travel restrictions and University spend reduction efforts.

I like to book on my own and often do not use Concur. What am I required to do to continue booking on my own?

It is always recommended to use Concur for all travel as it allows the University to exercise a strong duty of care, which includes the benefit of quickly locating and assisting our traveling employees in times of emergency.

If a traveler finds cheaper travel and accommodations outside of Concur or Anthony Travel, that traveler may accept that option and keep the supporting documentation to include in the expense reimbursement. The traveler would also need to email if paying for the expenses using a Travel Card and enter a travel request in Concur before booking on their own. Directions for how to create a travel request in Concur are available online.

I have an upcoming trip booked. How can I increase the limit on my T Card?

Card limits will be increased temporarily on a trip-by-trip basis. 

In order to increase a travel card’s limit, the following must happen:

  • If travel is booked through Concur or Anthony Travel, the T card will be temporarily available to support the trip information.
  • If travel is booked outside of Concur, the traveler, or their delegate, should request a temporary card increase using the online form.

Card limit increases will be available for up to two weeks after the trip to allow charges to post and will then automatically reset to $1.

I want to attend a virtual conference. Since it does not require a travel waiver, how do I get my Travel Card spend limit increased?

Since you are not actually traveling but attending a conference virtually, you may request a Travel Card increase using the Temporary Card Limit Increase Request. The form includes an option to indicate it is for a virtual event.