February 25, 2014
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Purdue University (401 South Grant Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907) will be undertaking a project, Southern Indiana Ag Center Water System Renovation - 2014, for the following scope of work: Construction and improvement of providing potable and non-potable water services to the SIPAC facility in Dubois County, Indiana. The Project generally includes but is not limited to the construction of the following:
- Connect to a new water meter as set by others and pay the utility tap fees. Install 2” HDPE and 1-1/2” HDPE potable services and reconnect existing buildings and facilities, cap and abandon existing lines in place, and install frost proof hydrants.
- Connect to an existing water meter. Install 2” HDPE and 1-1/2” HDPE potable services and reconnect existing buildings and facilities, cap and abandon existing lines in place, and install frost proof hydrants.
- Install 2” HDPE non-potable services and install quick couplers, frost proof hydrants, and abandon existing lines in place.
- Make selected building improvements to an existing non-potable pump house. Install new electrical, pumping and pressure tank systems, and rehab the intake lines.
- Demolish existing non-potable pump houses and backfill existing tanks.
- Provide a new non-potable pump house along with new electrical services. Install new electrical, pumping and pressure tank systems, and storage tanks.
- Provide pressure and bacterial testing of potable water systems. Provide Pressure testing of non-potable systems.
- Maintain traffic and provide full depth backfill and hard surfaces to match existing. Restore all other surfaces.
The estimated cost of the Project is less than one hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($150,000.00). Those interested in submitting a sealed bid for this project are asked to contact the Project Manager, Mark Townsend, (765)-496-2563, or mail response to Purdue University, Attention: Mark Townsend, Project Management & Construction, 401 S. Grant Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2024.
Sealed bids are due no later than 11:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) at the front desk of Freehafer Hall of Administration, 401 S. Grant Street on Tuesday, February 25, 2014. Bids received after such time will be returned unopened. Bids may be withdrawn prior to February 25, 2014, but no bids shall be withdrawn for a period of thirty (30) days thereafter.
A pre-bid meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 13, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time at the job site. The pre-bid meeting is not mandatory, but highly recommended. Please contact the Project Manager prior to 4:00 p.m. February 11, 2014 to confirm attendance.
Job site is located at:
Southern Indiana Purdue Agricultural Center
11371 East Purdue Farm Road