Phone: (765) 494-9494
Purdue West Shopping Plaza
1404 W. State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2092
Phone: (765) 743-3442
Terminal Building, Room 201
1501 Aviation Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Car/Van Rental: 765-494-2114
Charter Bus: 765-494-6554
Service Shop: 765-494-2121
After Hours: 800-213-3626
Physical Facilities Service
775 Ahlers Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2013
Bicycle registration is mandatory for faculty, staff, and students who ride on the Purdue Campus. Registration is an aid for recovery of a bicycle that is stolen, and it also facilitates enforcement of bicycle regulations.
Purdue University is urging bicyclists on campus to use designated pathways where possible and to be mindful of vehicular laws and pedestrians.
- Be aware of the vehicles around you.
- Don't wear headphones when riding in the street. Cyclists need to be able to hear approaching vehicles and pedestrians.
- Wear a helmet for protection. Non-helmeted riders are 14 times more likely to be involved in a fatal crash than helmeted riders, according to the Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute.
- Wear eye protection, which will keep bugs and other debris from hampering your vision.
- To make sure motorists see them, cyclists should have operable reflectors. Add a bright light in the front and rear of the bike if riding at night.
Anyone owning or riding bikes on campus must obey applicable state laws and ordinances. Bicycle regulations are online.
- Riders should warn pedestrians that they are approaching by using a bell or calling out, for example, "passing to the right.”
- Walk the bike through congested areas, including crosswalks.