Specialty Vehicle Request
University staff may rent specialty vehicles for approved university activities throughout the United States and Canada. All staff renting vehicles must bring an original Form 1 signed by their business office or department head, dean or director, and a valid U.S. or Canadian driver's license.
- Luxury VIP car-Lincoln Town Car
- Any specific type of car or van needed that is not in our fleet.
Specialty vehicle rates will consist of a daily rental fee, mileage, fuel costs and processing fee. Estimates will be provided upon request (494-2114).
To make a reservation the following information will be required:
- Type of vehicle desired and any special needs
- Driver's Name
- Departure Date and Time (See pickup times below)
- Return Date and Time
- Estimated Total Miles
- Number of passengers
- Caller's Name, Phone Number and Department
- Mark the type of vehicle on the Form 1 as “other”, and indicate the specific type of vehicle ordered.
Make Reservations as far in advance as possible. Reservations can be made by the following options:
- Miscellaneous charges include additional cleaning and/or repairs as required.
- Replacement of lost or stolen key case, key or key fob.
Notify Transportation Service of any changes regarding the scheduled trip, or to confirm reservations (494-2114), as far in advance as possible.
Notification of trip cancellations must be phoned in at least 24 hours prior to the planned the vehicle pick-up time specified.
- All persons who will operate a Vehicle on University business or for any other University purpose must meet the Qualification Requirements and Procedures Application to all drivers as outlined in section 1.1 in the Vehicle Use Policy.
- Vehicle Use Policy (PDF) -
Link will be added when Policy is approved.
The Form 1 requires a driver's certification. By signing for the vehicle and noting the state and expiration of the operator's license, the driver certifies:
- Possession of a valid United States or Canadian driver's license.
- Only approved drivers, who meet all requirements, are authorized to drive the vehicle.
- The vehicle will be used only for approved university business.
- The vehicle will be driven in accordance with state and local laws and regulations, and in a courteous manner that represents Purdue University.
- The Transportation Service office is open from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, only open duing spring and fall semester for Saturdays.
- For trips beginning before 7:00.a.m. Tuesday through Saturday, vehicles can be picked up between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. the night before.
- For trips departing between 11:00 a.m. Saturday and 7:00 a.m. Monday, vehicles can be picked up between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on the preceding Saturday.
Note: Transportation Service office hours are adjusted around University holidays. Please call if your departure time is near an official University holiday.
- Vehicles should be returned to Transportation Service by the date and time stated on the Form 1.
- Park the vehicle in front of the TMB Building .
- Check interior and trunk for personal items. Items found will be kept at TMB for two weeks before sending them to Central Lost and Found.
- The fuel tank does not need to be returned full.
- During office hours bring the odometer reading (not the trip meter) into the office.
- Parking and toll receipts must be reimbursed through their business office.
- After office hours place key case in the drop box (located to the right of main office door).
- Alert Transportation staff of any mechanical problems, or other concerns you have regarding the vehicle.
- Report accidents, or damage to the vehicle immediately .