PURDUE IRONHACKS IS ALL ABOUT: USING OPEN DATA TO CREATE INNOVATIVE DIGITAL APPS WITH SOCIAL IMPACT!
The Gold IronHack will take place as part of three classes offered in Spring of 2017:
16451 – CGT 37000-001 – Interactive Data Visualization – Yingjie (Victor) Chen – TR 11.30am-12.20pm
- Understand different types of data, their characteristics, relations, and business purpose.
- Compare and choose proper visualization methods to represent the data based on the characteristic and purpose.
- Be able to apply perception theories and design principles in visualization design.
- Utilize web toolkits and technologies to develop simple data visualization.
- Develop an interactive information visualization system to represent data from different aspects
53766 – CNIT 55900-001 – Data Warehousing – John A Springer – TR 1.30-2.45 pm
- Design a data warehouse or data mart to present information needed by management in a form that is usable for management clients.
- Implement a high quality data warehouse or data mart.
- Efectively administer a corporate data resource in such a way that it will truly meet management’s needs.
- Evaluate standards and new technologies to determine their potential impact on your information resource.
19890 -Tech 58100-029 – Open Data Hacking – Dr. Sabine Brunswicker – TR 1.30-2.45 pm
Why should you take this class:
- real-world experience only
- Two staged: Engage in open data hacking (Purdue IronHacks) and use user testing techniques to make your “app” ready for the market
- 8 weeks only
- Get familiar with open data
- Learn about user testing and innovation tools to launch new technologies
Prizes will be awarded for 3 categories
- Best solution to the challenge question (Amazon Giftcard $500)
- Winning spirit (Amazon Giftcard $250)
- Best community spirit (Amazon Giftcard $ 150)
- Potential opportunities to technology companies.
GOLD IRON HACK TIMELINE SPRING 2017:
SOCRATA: It is the global leader in software solutions that are designed exclusively for digital government.
Socrata is a privately-held cloud software company headquartered in Seattle’s historic Pioneer Square with offices in Washington, D.C. and London. Our core team consists of software engineers, designers, open government advocates, and business professionals who are working hard to unleash the power of data to transform the world.
Having an idea of internship opportunity might have working at Socrata:
Winners will be introduced to hiring managers at Socrata and discuss internship opportunities in various roles at Socrata in either Seattle, WA or Washington, DC. Socrata interns work on real-world projects, many of which go into production to serve our hundreds of customers, and many interns have become full-time Socrata employees.
UNIQUE opportunity for professional skills, don’t miss it. IRONHACK rocks.
Questions or concerns? Please contact Prof. Sabine Brunswicker, Director of the Research Center for Open Digital Innovation at email@example.com and the Purdue IronHacks team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bethany McGowan, Health Sciences Information Specialist and Assistant Professor of Library at email@example.com /