PURDUE IRONHACKS IS ALL ABOUT: USING OPEN DATA TO CREATE INNOVATIVE DIGITAL APPS WITH SOCIAL IMPACT!
- Develop a website with a mashup that can help individuals make more informed decisions and better act upon the news they receive.
- The website should optimize the value for the consumer in evaluating her/his travel options relative to the virus presence and whether it is safe.
- Examples of features: “safety scale”, risk scale, integration with Google Maps/Open Maps, type of land, type of environment, “impact Scale”, etc…
Prizes will be awarded for 3 categories (Amazon gift cards)
- Best solution to the challenge question (Amazon Giftcard $500)
- Winning spirit (Amazon Giftcard $250)
- Best community spirit (Amazon Giftcard $ 150)
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PURDUE-PLATZI BLACK IRONHACKS, SIGN-UP AT: www.ironhacks.com
INDIANA CYBERSECURITY HOME at IN.GOV – IN-ISAC Security Operations Center (SOC)
Located in Research Park in the Purdue Technology Center building, the IN-ISAC provides security monitoring and Information Security services to the State of Indiana and other public sector entities. They do this while cultivating information security knowledge in a non-traditional government environment. This allows them a greater opportunity to drive advancement of operational security in state government. The ultimate goal of the IN-ISAC, is to improve the overall security posture of the state and develop a world class cyber-ecosystem. They strive to build and maintain collaborative partnerships with the private sector, academia and other governmental agencies.
Here are some ideas of what job responsibilities interns might have working at IN-ISAC:
Analyzing network traffic, log analysis, prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms.
Perform incident triage to include determining scope, urgency, and potential effects
- Monitor the security operations center main channel.
- Perform the detailed execution of all operational tasks as documented in security operations center processes and subordinate procedure.
- Close or escalates security events as necessary.
- Update all relevant documentation such as shift logs and tickets.
- Ensure security events and incidents are detected and escalated in a timely manner.
- Track incidents assigned through final resolution.
- Develop “in-house” security application.
- Analyze security threats, risks and vulnerabilities.
- Produce risk/threat assessment.
- Research trends and future threats.
SOCRATA: The global leader in software solutions designed exclusively for digital government.
Socrata is a privately-held cloud software company headquartered in Seattle’s historic Pioneer Square with offices in Washington, D.C. and London. Our core team consists of software engineers, designers, open government advocates, and business professionals who are working hard to unleash the power of data to transform the world.
Internship opportunities at Socrata:
Winners will be introduced to hiring managers at Socrata and discuss internship opportunities in various roles at Socrata in either Seattle, WA or Washington, DC. Socrata interns work on real-world projects, many of which go into production to serve our hundreds of customers, and many interns have become full-time Socrata employees
UNIQUE opportunity for professional skills, don’t miss it. IRONHACK rocks.
Questions or concerns? Please contact Prof. Sabine Brunswicker, Director of the Research Center for Open Digital Innovation at email@example.com and the Purdue IronHacks team at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bethany McGowan, Health Sciences Information Specialist and Assistant Professor of Library at email@example.com /