The Research Center for Open Digital Innovation and it's affiliated faculty members are actively engaged in advancing the educational opportunities in the fields of open innovation and digital innovation.
Current Purdue students can enroll in graduate level courses through the Technology Leadership & Innovation department.
Students interested in completing a Master's degree can engage with RCODI through either an Area of Concentration in Open Digital Innovation or through the Purdue-Tsinghua Dual Degree program with a focus on Global Digital Innovation.
Students pursuing a Ph.D. in the field of open digital innovation can also engage with our faculty researchers and corporate affiliates.
We encourage both undergraduate and graduate students at Purdue who are interested in our research to reach out to us to find out about our ongoing projects and current opportunities to engage with our research team.
1) Develop and apply skills for envisaging and realizing digital innovations in sectors like mobile, software, agriculture, healthcare, and manufacturing.
2) Analyze the drivers of digital technologies and design projects that create new experiences for end-users and optimize operational processes.
3) Build a foundation of knowledge, understanding and skills in innovation, data science and information technology and digital technologies from the Purdue M.S. program.
4) Become proficient in managing innovation projects with the help of innovation management tools and learn unique applications for these skills and techniques through the Tsinghua M.E.M.
5) Participate in an action-oriented digital innovation projects in a wide range of topics and fields.Learn More
The graduate program in Open and Digital Innovation will develop the critical skills, knowledge and experience that this next generation of leaders will need. The program builds on four core pillars of knowledge to develop an interdisciplinary education that moves beyond the traditional theories of innovation, which are rooted in the economics of innovation and entrepreneurship, and instead focuses on new models of open innovation and open collaboration. The program also emphasizes the digital drivers of innovation and value creation in our global digital economy, and teaches students how to successfully achieve digital innovations in their future careers.Learn More
Are you a PhD student, a prospective PhD candidate, or a masters student with an interest in tackling a relevant and challenging research topic? Are you excited about this emerging innovation landscape? Do you want to shape the future of innovation research? Are you thrilled to tackle interdisciplinary research questions at the interface of innovation studies, management, information systems, information studies, and computational social science? If yes, then you should sign up for the new interdisciplinary program in Open Digital Innovation. Start an intellectually inspiring journey of scientific research in Open Innovation at the intersection of innovation studies, management science, information systems, and information studies. The field is young and emerging, join us to become part of this new field and to help shape this exciting area of research!Learn More