Application to the Professional Development Section of ENGL 62000
The Professional Development section of ENGL 62000 is open to international graduate students currently enrolled at Purdue who have been certified for oral English proficiency. At this time, the course is only offered in the spring semester and is limited to 8 students. (If space permits, a section may be offered in the fall semester.) To be considered for this class, please send the information below firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not selected for the course right away, we will keep your application on file for future classes.
Be sure to complete all of the requested information.
- Student's Name (as it appears on Purdue records):
- 10-digit Purdue ID Number:
- E-mail Address:
- Anticipated Graduation Date:
- Level (MA, PhD, etc.)
Method of oral English certification?
______ Certified via the Oral English Proficiency Test. Note the year the test was taken:
______ Certified through taking ENGL 62000). What semester and year?
______ Certified with a qualifying TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE score.
______ Certified through a departmental screening procedures. Note department and date:
1. Briefly explain why you would like to take the professional development class.
2. At this time, do you feel you have the time and motivation to attend 4 hours of class per week for the entire semester and to be an active class participant? You will also be required to attend a 30-minute conference time with the class instructor each week. If you are not sure you can meet the attendance requirement, please explain.
If you are accepted for the professional development section, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to register for the class.