Jump to other news and events
Student Checklist for Distributing Accommodation Letters to Their Professors
If you are seeking testing accommodations outside of the class in the DRC Testing Room, schedule your exam online at www.purdue.edu/drctesting.
- Check your syllabus for each class to determine when the instructor holds his/her office hours.
- Email or call the instructor to schedule a time during their office hours (or make an appointment if their office hours do not align with your free time) to deliver your Accommodation Letter and discuss accommodations for the class.
- During the appointment, use the accommodations on the letter to prompt your discussion with your professor. Be prepared to think through class coursework, quizzes, exams, and other activities such as labs.
- During your meeting with each instructor, reach an agreement about implementing your accommodations and services.
- Immediately inform your Accommodation Specialist of any questions that arise regarding your accommodations.
- Note: If you are enrolled in online courses, request an electronic copy of your Accommodation Letter to be sent to your instructors.