Together, we can Protect Purdue.

See our FAQs

University Support

If you are (or someone you are with is) in immediate danger or feel unsafe, call 9-1-1.

University Support and Accommodations:

At your request, the University can make accommodations including: make transportation and work arrangements, make financial aid accommodations, provide visa and immigration assistance, connect you with off-campus resources, make a safety plan with you, and assist you in obtaining protective orders or other measures. These accommodations, and the others listed below, are available whether or not you choose to report to law enforcement. CARE can assist in arranging accommodations. Additionally, CARE provides crisis intervention and advocacy services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Academic Accommodations

We know that experiencing incidents of sexual violence can affect many aspects of a student's life. Our goal is to remedy the impact on academics as much as possible and support students in successfully continuing and completing their education. The CARE staff can assist in arranging academic accommodations.

Counseling Services

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) offers confidential support, evaluation, and counseling for students experiencing personal difficulties as a result of having experienced an incident of sexual violence. Professional counseling staff, licenses psychologists, or therapists are available to assist students with personal counseling.

Students can make an appointment with CAPS by visiting their offices during walk-in hours. Students who need assistance scheduling appointments with CAPS should contact the CARE office.

Health Services

The Purdue Student Health Center (PUSH) is committed to providing students with physical and emotional care following incidents of sexual violence. During clinic hours, students can be seen by medical professionals specially trained to care for those who have experienced these issues. There is no charge for this confidential appointment.

The PUSH team provides services including emergency contraception, antibiotics to prevent infection, and physical exams and other services. They can also provide access to other resources, including referrals to on- and off-campus support services.

If a student desires, there are medical professionals at PUSH who have the ability to collect legally admissible evidence. This anonymous collection preserves evidence if a student decides to report at the time of the incident or at a later time. While it is better to collect evidence as early as possible, this is only done if the student chooses. PUSH staff are not required to report the incident to law enforcement or to the University, even if evidence is collected. To contact PUSH, call (765) 494-1700. 

Disability Resource Center (DRC)

The Disability Resource Center ensures universal access to classes, programs and activities. Purdue has designated the DRC to determine reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities. The DRC serves disabled undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at Purdue's West Lafayette campus and Purdue Polytechnic Institute Statewide Programs, whether part-time or full-time (including students taking online courses). The DRC strives to proactively identify and remove barriers to access, promote inclusion and minimize the need for individual accommodations. The DRC also determines whether students are eligible for reasonable accommodation and, if so, the nature of the reasonable accommodation. The DRC does not test for, diagnose, or treat disability but relies on third-party documentation when determining accommodations.

Housing Accommodations

Many students who have experienced sexual violence no longer feel safe in their current living situation. CARE can assist students with a variety of housing options depending on their specific circumstances. 

  • On-Campus Housing Accommodations: For students who live on campus, there are several options for alternate campus housing. Typically, the primary response would be to remove the accused student from the housing community. In cases where the survivor does not choose to disclose who hurt them, the perpetrator is unknown, or based on the survivor's request, the survivor has the option of moving to an alternate housing location on campus.
  • Off-Campus Housing Accommodations: Students living off campus should contact CARE to discuss alternative housing options. 


Call to speak with someone who can explain your options and connect you with resources.

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by the Center for Advocacy, Response and Education

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact CARE at