Together, we can Protect Purdue.

See our FAQs

Get Help

If you are (or someone you are with is) in immediate danger or feel unsafe, call 9-1-1.

It was not your fault

If you are the survivor of sexual violence (including sexual assault, dating or domestic violence, gender-based harassment, or stalking) and someone has harmed you, it's not your fault.

Ask for help - we have services for survivors

Help is available for you on campus and in the community. You can call our office anytime day or night at 765-495-2273(CARE) to get confidential support and talk about your options.

You may or may not want to report the incident, and there are options for doing this. The decision is up to you. Either way, we encourage you to take advantage of services on or off campus. If you aren't sure where to start, you may want to read answers to commonly asked questions.

Take time to take care of yourself

It is not uncommon to be physically or emotionally traumatized. For your safety and well-being, you may want to seek medical attention. You can choose to go to the Student Health Center or Counseling and Psychological Services for care or if you are having difficulty sleeping, eating, or are feeling anxious. An advocate from CARE can support and accompany you.

Do things at your own pace and in your own time

It is very common to feel helpless and powerless in these situations. This is a good time to surround yourself with people who support and understand your needs and honor your choices. 

You are not responsible for the perpetrator's actions

The perpetrator may have caused you to feel unsafe, vulnerable, and/or powerless. Remember, you did nothing to deserve or cause another person to hurt you. They chose to use their power to harm you.


Call to speak with someone who can explain your options and connect you with resources.

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by the Center for Advocacy, Response and Education

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact CARE at