January 10, 2023
Plan ahead for on-street snow removal: Purdue, city of West Lafayette snow routes and process
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. —Purdue Administrative Operations wants the campus community to be aware of established snow routes on and adjacent to the West Lafayette campus ahead of potential snow events for the season.
In the event that 2 or more inches of snow is forecasted, motorists could be required to move their on-street vehicles from the Purdue snow routes. If action is required, the university will notify the campus and community, including information on alternate parking locations and timelines.
The city of West Lafayette always requires motorists to move their vehicles from the city snow routes for 2 or more inches of snow.
A complete list of Purdue snow routes includes the following:
- David Ross Road
- Hilltop Drive
- MacArthur Drive between Third and State streets
- Martin Jischke Drive from State Street to Harrison Street
- Ross-Ade Drive
- Russell Street between Tower Drive and Stadium Avenue
- Third Street west of Martin Jischke Drive
- Tower Drive
- University Street between Tower Drive and Stadium Avenue
On-campus city of West Lafayette snow routes include the following:
- Airport Road
- Cherry Lane
- First, Second, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth streets between Russell and University streets
- Grant Street
- Harrison Street/Williams Street from Martin Jischke Drive to Grant Street
- MacArthur Drive between State Street and Nimitz Drive
- Russell Street between Stadium Avenue and Harrison Street
- Stadium Avenue west of Grant Street
- State Street
- Waldron Street
More information, including a map of the routes listed above, is available on the Parking website.
Failure to remove a vehicle from a snow route when required could result in the vehicle being ticketed and/or towed at the owner’s expense.
Parking questions may be directed to Parking and Transportation Services from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at 765-494-9497 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media contact: Jim Bush, email@example.com