August 17, 2021
Purdue Farmers Market scheduled to resume Aug. 26
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Purdue University Campus Planning, Architecture and Sustainability has announced that the Purdue Farmers Market is scheduled to resume on Aug. 26.
The market will take place 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Thursday through Oct. 28 at Memorial Mall on the West Lafayette campus. It will be open to the public, and visitor parking is available in the nearby Grant Street Parking Garage at hourly rates.
The market is hosted by Purdue Campus Planning, Architecture and Sustainability in collaboration with Greater Lafayette Commerce. Representatives from both organizations will attend the market each week to ensure vendors and attendees are adhering to all county and Protect Purdue guidelines.
Safety protocols will be in place and include the following:
- All activities will be held outdoors.
- Vendor tents will be spaced a minimum of 10 feet apart.
- Single-use containers and utensils will be utilized for ready-to-eat food and beverages.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at vendor booths and the welcome table.
- Although masks are not required currently, they will be available for those who would like one at vendor booths and the welcome table.
- The latest health and safety guidelines will be shared with vendors before each market and posted on a sign at the welcome table.
- Campus Planning, Architecture and Sustainability representatives will distribute Protect Purdue signage for each vendor to post at their booths at the beginning of each market.
- Any staff, vendor or attendee displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to leave the market.
“Health and safety will remain the top priority as the farmers market returns to campus for the beginning of the academic year,” says Michael Gulich, senior director of campus planning, architecture and sustainability and university architect. “We will be monitoring Protect Purdue guidelines and are ready to make adjustments to our processes if needed.”
Questions regarding the Purdue Farmers Market may be directed to email@example.com.
About Purdue University
Purdue University is a top public research institution developing practical solutions to today’s toughest challenges. Ranked the No. 5 Most Innovative University in the United States by U.S. News & World Report, Purdue delivers world-changing research and out-of-this-world discovery. Committed to hands-on and online, real-world learning, Purdue offers a transformative education to all. Committed to affordability and accessibility, Purdue has frozen tuition and most fees at 2012-13 levels, enabling more students than ever to graduate debt-free. See how Purdue never stops in the persistent pursuit of the next giant leap at https://purdue.edu/.
Media contact: Jim Bush, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Michael Gullich, email@example.com