March 24, 2020
Individuals recognized for outstanding service at Indiana Horticultural Conference and Expo
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Each year, the Indiana Horticultural Conference and Expo (IHC) offers attendees expertise, networking opportunities and resources on all topics surrounding horticulture. Eight individuals were honored for their past contributions and long-standing commitment to the conference at the 2020 IHC awards reception.
Conference co-chairs Kyle Daniel and Petrus Langenhoven attribute the success of the conference to its many organizers and volunteers, saying, “The conference would not run so smoothly without the contributions and help from many. We are grateful to all that continue to participate and bring new ideas and areas of expertise to the conference each year.”
The following individuals received the Indiana Horticultural Conference and Expo outstanding service award.
- Bruce Bordelon, professor in horticulture and landscape architecture
- Daniel Egel, clinical engagement associate professor in botany and plant pathology at Southwest Purdue Agricultural Center
- Rick Foster, professor and ANR Program Leader, Purdue Extension
- Carl Geiger, computer support specialist and academic IT specialist in horticulture and landscape architecture
- Peter Hirst, professor in horticulture and landscape architecture and assistant director in international programs in agriculture
- Paul Howard, farm technician at Throckmorton-Purdue Agricultural Center
- Elizabeth Maynard, clinical engagement associate professor in horticulture and landscape architecture
- Tristand Tucker, specialty crops systems specialist at Throckmorton-Purdue Agricultural Center
The 2020 IHC hosted more than 500 attendees and 65 exhibitors for three days in February in Indianapolis. Attendees had the opportunity to choose from 14 educational tracks and eight concurrent sessions ranging in horticulture topics that included fruit and vegetable production, wine and hemp.
Writer: Abby Leeds, 765-496-2384, email@example.com
Sources: Lori Jolly-Brown, 765-494-1296, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyle Daniel, 765-494-7621, email@example.com
Petrus Langenhoven, 765-496-7955, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agricultural Communications: 765-494-8415;
Maureen Manier, Department Head, email@example.com