November 8, 2012
Extension educators honored with awards
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Indiana Extension Educators Association presented awards Thursday (Nov. 8) to county educators during a luncheon at Purdue Extension's annual Professional Development Conference.
Awards and recipients are:
Agricultural and Natural Resources
* Individual: James C. Luzar of Vigo County for Terre Haute Federal Prison Food System Training.
* Career: Mark Spelbring of Parke County.
* Team: Ann Delchambre (Putnam), Stacy Clupper (Blackford), Miranda Ulery (Harrison), Jon Cain (Hendricks), Kelly Heckaman (Kosciusko), Gene Matzat (LaPorte), Rena Sheldon (Morgan), Maria Restrepo (Pike), Amanda Mosiman (Warrick) and Chris Parker (Morgan) for Back to Basics: Novice's Guide to Farm Animals.
Economic and Community Development
* Individual: Hans Schmitz of Gibson County for Master Gardeners.
Health and Human Sciences
* Individual: Peggy L. Davis of Clay and Owen counties for Cervical Cancer in Focus.
* Career: Jackie Baumann of Putnam County.
* Team: Allison Goshorn (LaPorte) and Joy Dugan (Montgomery) for Growing Stronger.
4-H Youth Development
* Bob Amick: Cheven May of Posey County for Adventures in Learning.
* Career: Mary Jo Robinson of Crawford and Orange counties.
* Team: Melissa Merida (Floyd), Mallory Dolan (Orange), Amy Nierman (Washington), JT Benitez (Harrison), Bob Allen (Clark), Mary Jo Robinson (Crawford/Orange) and Jackie Benham (Scott) for Power Up Night!
Jim F. Murren (International Programs in Agriculture), Edward Farris (Huntington), J. Scott Monroe (Daviess), Amy Thompson (Monroe), Stacy Clupper (Blackford), Carmen DeRusha (Marion), Margie Zoglmann (Perry), Bill Horan (Wells) and Kris Parker (Porter) for Fostering and Encouraging Economic Activity at Home and Abroad - Costa Rica 2011.
Margie Zoglmann (Perry), Kelly Heckaman (Kosciusko), Bethany Ratts (Henry), Christa Holloway (Fulton), Gene Matzat (LaPorte), Bryan Overstreet (Jasper) and Lyndsay Ploehn (Porter) for Annie's Project: Empowering Farm Women to be Better Business Partners.
Cooperative Extension Service Team
Lindy Miller (Greene), Tammy Steiner (Greene) and Polly Gettinger (Greene) for Your Amazing Future in Greene County.
Writer: Keith Robinson, 765-494-2722, firstname.lastname@example.orgSource: Jim Mintert, interim associate dean of the College of Agriculture and interim Extension director, 765-494-8489, email@example.com
Note to journalists: Photos of the award recipients will be available at http://www.ag.purdue.edu/extension/awards/