March 5, 2021
Rising Professionals to celebrate distinguished young alumni
The 2021 Rising Professionals program will honor six distinguished young alumni on Sunday and Monday (March 7-8).
The Purdue Rising Professionals program exists to honor young alumni and inspire Purdue students to discover their Boilermaker experience. A Rising Professional is an individual who leveraged the full Boilermaker experience by supplementing their learning inside the classroom with student engagements. These individuals have graduated in the past five to 10 years and are passionate about returning to their alma mater and passing on their knowledge to the next generation of Boilermakers.
Purdue Rising Professionals is dedicated to upholding the Protect Purdue Pledge. This program will use a hybrid format in order to ensure the health and safety of the Boilermaker community.
The program’s largest event, “Pack the Panel,” is set for 6 p.m. Monday (March 8) via a livestream on YouTube. During the panel, the Rising Professionals will discuss how they made the most of their time as a Boilermaker and how that affected their success after graduation. The panel is free and open to the public. Registration for the event is available online.
The 2021 Rising Professionals are:
- Kirk Evoy, Bachelor of Science in pharmaceutical sciences (Purdue, 2013) and Doctor of Pharmacy (Purdue, 2013). Clinical assistant professor, University of Texas.
- Lexi Hiland, Bachelor of Arts in film/video studies (Purdue, 2013). Director, producer and editor, Lexi Hiland Films.
- Tiffany Legge, Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering (Purdue, 2011). Principal consultant, Boston Consulting Group.
- Victoria Loong, Bachelor of Science in sociology and psychology (Purdue, 2014). Capacity coordinator, We the People of Detroit.
- Paul Marder, Bachelor of Science in general management (Purdue, 2011). Legislative liaison, Operation Warp Speed.
- Jackson Troxel, Bachelor of Science in agricultural economics (Purdue, 2013). Vice president of sales and marketing, Multiply Technology.
More information on Pack the Panel and the schedule of events will be available on Rising Professionals Instagram Channel (@RPPurdue), the Rising Professionals website, or by emailing email@example.com.
The Rising Professionals Program is also encouraging nominations of deserving candidates for the 2022 Rising Professionals program. Nominations can be submitted online via the Rising Professionals website.
Contact: Ethan Ho and Sydney Sullivan, firstname.lastname@example.org