September 18, 2020
Nominations sought for Violet Haas Award
The Susan Bulkeley Butler Center for Leadership Excellence is seeking nominations for the 2019-20 Violet Haas Award. This award recognizes individuals, programs or departments at Purdue that have effectively facilitated the advancement of women in hiring, promotion, education and salary, or have generally enhanced a positive professional climate for women at Purdue. The nominee's length of service at Purdue and time period of accomplishments will be given consideration.
Criteria for the award:
- Breadth and impact of nominee’s accomplishments within and beyond the responsibilities of his/her position.
- Nominee's noteworthy efforts on behalf of women faculty, staff and/or students at Purdue.
- Nominee's noteworthy efforts on behalf of women outside of Purdue (if applicable).
To nominate someone for the award, the following should be submitted:
- A nomination letter up to three pages in length.
- A maximum of two letters of support, beyond the nomination letter.
- The nominee's CV/resume, condensed to two pages in length, highlighting accomplishments and efforts meeting the award criteria.
Nominations may be uploaded here in a single PDF file including all materials. Nominations are due by 5 p.m. Oct. 23. Winners will be recognized at a reception to be determined early in spring 2021. For clarifications or questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Violet Haas Award was established in 1990 by the Council on the Status of Women (CSW), an organization that sought to provide a voice for all women at Purdue University. In 2011, CSW disbanded and passed the legacy of the Violet Haas award on to the Butler Center, so that Purdue may continue to honor those working to support women in higher education.