September 18, 2020
Nominations sought for Leadership in Action Award
The Susan Bulkeley Butler Center for Leadership Excellence is seeking nominations for the Leadership in Action Award. This award will recognize Purdue faculty, staff and students who have shown exemplary leadership within their respective areas of expertise. Whether it is through excellence in a particular field or demonstrable commitment to the success and development of other leaders, this award will acknowledge honorees’ accomplishments and professional contributions.
There are three categories of awards, honoring a faculty member, a staff member and a student, each of whom must show leadership with direct effect on their work and community environments.
To be eligible for the Leadership in Action Award, the individual must demonstrate the following:
- Overarching commitment to launching tomorrow’s leaders by showing ongoing dedication to mentoring students, colleagues and/or peers to pursue excellence, and fostering an atmosphere of cooperation and creativity that contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of their peers.
- Favorable representation of their department and the University, both on and off campus.
- Skillful motivation, organization, dedication and/or influence within their area of research, discipline or other work.
- Ongoing commitment to engagement at the local, state, national and/or global level.
- Active service to the campus community as well as national service to academic and/or professional organizations.
Nominations may be self-made or submitted on the nominee’s behalf. Nomination packet must include:
- Cover letter of no more than two pages that cites the nominee’s strengths, years of services and examples of commitment to leadership.
- No more than two letters of support will be accepted.
- A CV/resume of nominee condensed to two pages in length, highlighting accomplishments and efforts meeting the award criteria.
Nominations are due by 5 p.m. Oct. 23. Nominations may be submitted online:
Winners will be recognized at a reception to be determined early in spring 2021. For clarifications or questions, contact email@example.com.