September 21, 2020
Healthy Boiler workshop to focus on university-funded retirement plans; register by Sept. 30
Human Resources will host a virtual Healthy Boiler workshop on two of Purdue’s university-funded retirement plans from 1 to 2 p.m. Oct. 1.
- The Purdue Standard Retirement and Savings Plans (PSRS) – The PSRS program includes two components, a 403(b) Base Defined Contribution Plan and a 401(a) Mandatory Plan. This program is designed for employees hired into the following positions: executive, continuing lecturers, faculty, fire/police admin and management, professional, management and M/P management.
- The Purdue Matching Retirement and Savings Plans (PMRS) – The PMRS program – specific to employees hired into a service or support position on or after Sept. 9, 2013 – includes two components: a 403(b) Base Defined Contribution Plan with a base contribution from the University, in addition to a matching contribution, if the employee participates in saving for retirement through the 403(b) Voluntary savings plan.
Tosin Ratchford, retirement planner and registered securities and licensed insurance representative at Fidelity, will present information to help attendees:
- Learn how much they may need to save for retirement.
- Understand how they could save more for the future.
- Discover strategies to overcome the five key risks.
- Get tips to preserve and grow their savings.
- Find out more about their Purdue retirement program.
Those interested should register by Sept. 30. Following registration, a confirmation email will be sent containing information about joining the webinar.
Healthy Boiler workshops are free to all benefits-eligible faculty and staff and dependents covered on a Purdue medical plan.
Anyone with questions about Purdue’s retirement program should call Fidelity at 800-544-6868 or meet virtually with a Fidelity representative. To make an appointment, call 800-642-7131 or schedule online. Regional employees can also schedule to meet with a Fidelity representative via the contact information above.