March 21, 2019
Timing, additional information released for appreciation payment for West Lafayette staff
As President Mitch Daniels announced in February, benefit-eligible staff on the West Lafayette campus who were employed on Dec. 31, 2018, and have an annual salary of equal to or less than $75,000 will receive a one-time appreciation payment of $500 in recognition of their efforts and commitment to making Purdue’s affordability policies a reality.
Biweekly staff will receive the payment in their March 27 payroll, and monthly staff will receive the payment as part of the March 31 payroll. The payment will show as “Bravo” in the Earnings section under "CURRENT PAY" on the pay statement.
Some guidelines for the appreciation payment:
- Employees who were employed on Dec. 31, 2018, but leave the University -- whether by termination or retirement -- before the payment is made will not receive the payment; benefit-eligible staff must be employed (and have an annual salary of equal to or less than $75,000) at the time of the payout.
- Student employees, faculty, postdocs, limited term lecturers, graduate staff and temporary employees will not receive the appreciation payment.
- Benefit-eligible employees who do not work a full-time schedule will receive a prorated payment. For example, an employee who works 50 percent FTE would receive 50 percent of the payment, or $250.
- Individuals enrolled in the Civil Service and PERF retirement programs will receive University contributions on the appreciation award. Individuals enrolled in the defined contribution program will not have retirement contributions applied from the award. Additionally, voluntary retirement contributions will apply to any individual contributing to a Purdue voluntary retirement plan based on their individual contribution election.
- The payment is subject to the supplemental tax rate of 22 percent for federal income tax withholding. Normal tax rates apply for Social Security, Medicare, state income and county income tax withholdings.
Questions regarding the appreciation award payment should be directed to Human Resources at 765-494-2222, toll-free at 877-725-0222 or via email at email@example.com.