March 29, 2018
Simplified summer pay process coming soon; sneak peek provided for faculty
A new summer pay application -- Summer Employment and Effort Management Leading Efficiency through a Simple Solution application, known as SEEMLESS – starting this summer will replace the current manually driven summer calendars. SEEMLESS is an integrated solution that collects time and cost distribution information for all academic-year staff, processes the pay and makes corrections to prior period pay during subsequent periods.
A sneak peek video allows faculty an opportunity to see the simplicity of the application in action. Additionally, two information sessions for faculty have been planned. Faculty are welcome to choose from the opportunities below:
* April 17 (T) -- 8:30-9:30 a.m. Neil Armstrong Hall, Room 1021.
* April 18 (W) -- 3:30-4:30 p.m. Jischke Hall, Room 1083.
The SEEMLESS application will provide many benefits as it will:
* Automate the current manual process of summer payroll by:
-- Eliminating need for manual keying of summer calendars to reduce processing time.
-- Reducing rework due to changes and retroactive adjustments by providing real-time validation of accounts and funds.
-- Eliminating paper processing.
-- Simplifying the workflow for summer payroll processing.
-- Providing an intuitive user interface that is easily accessible from any device.
* Increase transparency of the process by providing visibility into the actual effort reported for the different categories (teaching, research, other) and the distribution of costs across various funding sources.
* Simplify and allow faculty to complete their summer pay.
* Provide a system-wide approach for processing summer pay across different campuses of the University.
* Improve accountability by allowing only authorized user access and creating an audit trail of action.
Any questions about the SEEMLESS application and summer pay processes can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.