February 13, 2018
Nominations sought for Graduate School dean position
The search advisory committee for the Graduate School dean position is inviting internal nominations and applications. The full position description can be found on the website of the Office of the Provost.
The successful candidate will lead the repositioning of the Graduate School for the 21st century. The development and successful launch of innovative programs such as cross-disciplinary and new graduate credentials including certificate programs and other graduate-level professional development offerings will be an increasingly important element of the Graduate School’s future.
Central to this repositioning will be promotion of partnerships and collaborations within and across the University, especially with the Office of the Executive Vice President for Research and Partnerships, to support and steward the research experiences and welfare of graduate students. The dean of the Graduate School must connect and effectively communicate with administrators, faculty and students on all campuses in the Purdue system, recognizing the unique needs of each campus.
* Full professor or in the process of being appointed to the rank of full professor; in the latter case, the offer of the appointment will be contingent on his/her promotion to the rank of professor effective with the 2018-19 academic year.
* A vision for the future of the Graduate School and a passion for the master's and doctoral experiences.
* Nationally recognized record of scholarship/research.
* Achievement in developing and managing academic programs and fellowships.
* Success in mentoring graduate students and/or postdoctoral scholars.
* Experience in personnel and fiscal management, including development activities.
* Communications and interpersonal skills to engage with a wide variety of audiences.
* An unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The chair of the committee is Venkataramanan (Ragu) Balakrishnan, professor and Michael and Katherine Birck Head of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. For best consideration, applications should be received by March 5 and should include a full CV and cover letter that addresses the criteria above. Nominations and applications should be submitted to GSDeanSearch@purdue.edu.