Faculty, staff hosting events to help United Way
October 15, 2015
Sponsored Program Services hosted a "pie in the face" fundraiser to raise support for the United Way. The pie was "served" to Ken Sandel, senior director of SPS. (Photo provided)
Purdue faculty and staff are holding campus-wide activities to raise money for the 2015 Purdue United Way Campaign.
* Enrollment Management is hosting an online silent auction from 8 a.m. Oct. 19 through 4 p.m. Oct 23 at https://discover.education.purdue.edu/auction/Default.aspx?dept=3. The individual with the highest bid by the time the auction closes will win the item. The auction site does not collect payment, and the winner will need to write a check to "United Way" for pickup of the item. Auction winners may come to the Admissions office at Schleman Hall, Room 109, to provide payment and collect their item from either Lindsey Arnold or Dana Beck.
There are eight items up for bid, and organizers will collect donations through today (Oct. 15). Those who have items they wish to donate should contact Arnold at email@example.com.
* The College of Education is hosting an online silent auction on Sept. 28-Oct. 30. Items are on display in Beering Hall in the sixth-floor reception area near Room 6114. Items also may be viewed and bid on at https://discover.education.purdue.edu/auction/Default.aspx?dept=1.
* Enrollment Management and Admissions are hosting a "Cocoa for a Cause" event in partnership with Fresh City Market at 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Oct. 30 in front of Hovde Hall. Hot chocolate and toppings will be available with a $1 donation.
Activities within units
United Way fundraising activities are also being held within University departments.
* The University Development Office is hosting a "Dip Off" fundraiser on Friday (Oct. 16) in Dauch Alumni Center. Favorite "chip and dip" appetizers will be voted on.
* Human Resources is holding a "What a Dollar Can Do" fundraiser throughout October. Department members can donate to the United Way donation jar.
* Information Technology at Purdue is hosting a bake sale on Oct. 29 in Young Hall.
* College of Engineering is hosting a bake sale on Oct. 29 in the Atrium of Neil Armstrong Hall.
* First Street Towers is hosting a bake sale at 1-3 p.m. Oct. 29 in the foyer of First Street Towers.
* Hilltop Apartments is hosting a chili cook-off on Oct. 30.
* Digital Education is hosting a chili cook-off on Oct. 30 in Stewart Center.
* Student Life is hosting a Bingo fundraiser at 2-4 p.m. Oct. 30 in the Atrium of Hillenbrand Hall.
* Sponsored Program Services hosted a "pie in the face" fundraiser to raise support for the United Way. The pie was "served" to Ken Sandel, senior director of SPS.
* Krannert School of Management hosted a talent and variety show/pizza lunch in September to increase donations to the United Way campaign. Faculty and staff shared their talents and personal stories of why they give to United Way.
* Digital Education hosted two recent events: a Pillsbury bake-off/recipe book and the "Ultimate Purdue Fan." Staff members could enter both contests/events and were able to donate extra for voting rights.
* The College of Health and Human Sciences hosted a bagel and donut sale over several weeks. Organizers also provided a "cookie and drink coupon" for employees who returned their pledge cards.