INTERNAL SEARCH ANNOUNCEMENT
Dean, Krannert School of Management, Purdue University
As Indiana’s land-grant institution established in 1869, Purdue is one of the nation’s leading public research universities. The Krannert School of Management consists of the Departments of Economics and Management. The School currently has 88 tenured/tenure track faculty members, 46 clinical professors, lecturers, visiting faculty, and post-docs and 115 staff members. The School offers full-time, executive and weekend MBA programs; specialized Master’s programs; undergraduate programs; and Ph.D. programs through each of its departments. There are nearly 2,500 undergraduate students, well over 600 masters students and just over 100 doctoral students enrolled in the School.
As chief executive officer of Krannert, the Dean will be a dynamic and visionary leader providing academic, intellectual, and administrative leadership to the School. S/he will report directly to the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Dean is responsible for overseeing Krannert’s teaching, research, and engagement missions; for representing the School to internal and external constituents; and for ensuring that the School is fiscally well managed. It is critical that the Dean engage and work collaboratively with key Krannert stakeholders to create and execute a strategy for enhancing Krannert’s formidable stature as one of the nation’s leading school’s of management and business.
The successful candidate will:
- articulate a compelling vision for Krannert as a global leader in economics, business, and management education and research in the 21st Century;
- be committed to fostering research and scholarship of the highest quality;
- demonstrate an understanding of undergraduate, graduate and executive education in areas relevant to the School;
- have a deep understanding of how business education is being transformed by new pedagogies, technology and global market forces;
- collaborate and partner with local, national, and global stakeholders to enhance Krannert’s profile;
- have the ability to generate and allocate financial resources to achieve the School’s goals;
- articulate the School’s goals and advocate on behalf of the School to all constituents;
- commit to fostering and enhancing relationships with the School’s alumni;
- possess the highest standards of ethics and integrity, and inspire faculty, staff and students to achieve their highest potential; and
- create a community consistent with Purdue’s commitment to access and diversity.
Qualified candidates ideally will hold the position of full professor at Purdue West Lafayette, or merit appointment with tenure at the rank of full professor if applicant is from a regional Purdue campus. Experience in administration, fiscal management, fundraising and faculty/staff development is desired.
The search advisory committee, chaired by Jay Akridge, Glenn W. Sample Dean of Agriculture, will begin reviewing applications on March 30, 2015.
Nominations may be sent via email to Dean Akridge at email@example.com. Applications will be treated as confidential and should be submitted directly to Brenda Coulson, Director, Talent Acquisition, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a 2-4-page letter addressing the applicant’s interest, relevant experience and qualifications, the names of five references and a current curriculum vitae.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.