School of Nursing to offer employee wellness screenings
January 9, 2012
The School of Nursing will begin employee wellness screenings for spring semester on Monday (Jan. 14).
Upcoming dates and locations are:
* Jan. 14, 15, 23, 25, 28 -- Johnson Hall, Room B-5.
* Jan. 30 – Shreve Hall, Jade Room (for HFS employees).
Screenings include a finger stick for blood tests for total cholesterol, HDL and glucose, height, weight and blood pressure. Participants must bring their Purdue ID at the time of the screening.
Faculty, staff, postdocs and their spouses, and graduate staff are eligible for one free wellness screening per calendar year. For example, if an individual completed a screening in the fall of 2012, that person will wait until fall 2013 for the next appointment. Spouses of graduate staff may get a screening for $20.
Annual screenings are performed by fourth-year Purdue nursing students and serve as clinical time for students. Screenings are an important part of prevention.
To schedule an appointment go to https://www2.itap.purdue.edu/bs/Worklife/index.cfm?site=login. Enter career account, look for "wellness screenings" and find a preferred date. Or, call the Nursing Center at 49-46341.
Other spring 2013 dates are:
* Feb. 1 -- McCutcheon Hall, North Activity Room (for HFS employees).
* Feb. 5, 8, 26, 27 -- Johnson Hall, Room B-5.
* Feb. 12 -- Knoy Hall of Technology, Room 256.
* March 1, 4, 18, 22, 26 -- Johnson Hall, Room B-5.
* March 5 and 6 -- Krannert Building, Drawing Room.
* March 19 and 20 -- Materials and Electrical Engineering Building, Room 239.
* March 29 -- Physical Facilities Service Building, Room 1179.