Nominations sought for Title IX service award
August 16, 2012
In honor of the 40th anniversary of the enactment of Title IX, the Office of the Vice President for Ethics and Compliance is seeking nominations for its Title IX Distinguished Service Award. The award will recognize and honor 40 individuals who have made significant contributions to the advancement of gender equity in education.
The recipient of the award should demonstrate sustained accomplishments in one or more of the following areas:
* Maximizing institutional and/or societal resources to broaden access and opportunity to women in higher education.
* Expanding the range and quality of the female undergraduate or graduate student experience at Purdue.
* Contributing to the achievement of gender equity at all levels of the academic community.
* Contributing to the advancement of women in intercollegiate athletics.
* Providing local and/or national leadership on issues related to gender equity in education at all levels.
Letters of nomination of no more than two pages should be sent to titleIX@purdue.edu or to the Office of the Vice President for Ethics and Compliance, Young Hall, Room 1029. Nominations should be received by Aug. 31.
Recipients will be honored at a reception on Oct. 11 as part of Purdue's Title IX @ 40: Looking Back, Moving Forward conference.