APSAC elects vice chair, awards grants
The Administrative and Professional Staff Advisory Committee (APSAC) elected Beau Moore as 2012-13 vice chair during its meeting April 11.
Moore, business manager for procurement, property, and travel in Information Technology, will take office on June 1. He succeeds Bob Morman, day shift general manager in Building Services, who will serve as chair for the coming year.
APSAC also elected three current members to serve as members emeriti in 2012-13: Amy Keene, analyst/programmer in ITaP Enterprise Applications; Robin Shanks, manager of event sales and strategic planning for Hall of Music Productions; and Mark Straw, executive administrator of the Indiana State Egg Board in Animal Sciences. Shanks is the current APSAC chair.
APSAC bylaws allow for the election of up to four emeritus members, who act as nonvoting resource members during a one-year commitment.
In other business, the Professional Development Subcommittee has awarded $8,700 in 12 individual professional development grants. Jon Laswell, subcommittee vice chair, said APSAC received 63 applications. Eleven recipients received the maximum award amount of $750 and one received $450. Grants generally fund professional education; attendance at lectures, conferences and seminars; or tuition assistance for academic classes. The next grant period opens in September.
Grant recipients, and the areas in which they work, are:
* Bryan Shaffer, University Press.
* C. Jane Harvey, Human Development and Family Studies.
* Elizabeth Wilkinson, Libraries-SPEC.
* George M. Okantey, College of Agriculture, Purdue Extension.
* Hannah Martin, Health and Human Sciences, Purdue Extension.
* Jason Carter, Student Access, Transition and Success Programs.
* John Emerson, Purdue Extension Service, LaGrange County.
* Kelly Pistilli, School of Management.
* Megan Burton, Counseling and Psychological Services.
* Sheila Hurt, Undergraduate Studies Program.
* Vicki Cline, Materials Engineering.
* Zenephia Evans, Multicultural Science Programs.
For more information about APSAC, visit www.purdue.edu/apsac.