October wellness screenings in Lilly, Johnson and Beering
Wellness screening appointments with the School of Nursing are available this fall.
* Oct. 14 (F) -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:10 p.m. Lilly Hall of Life Sciences, Room 3113.
* Oct. 17 (M) -- 8:10-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:30 p.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5.
* Oct. 18 (Tu) -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:10 p.m. Beering Hall of Liberal Arts and Education, Room 1284.
* Oct. 28 (F) -- 10-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5.
WorkLife Programs provides these screenings for benefit-eligible faculty and staff and their spouses/same-sex domestic partners. Screenings include the finger stick for blood tests for total cholesterol, HDL, and glucose, height, weight, and blood pressure. Participants must bring their Purdue ID at the time of the screening.
Free screenings are limited to one per calendar year, so participants are encouraged to select the location that works best for them and stay on an annual schedule for screenings. For example, if an individual completed a screening in the spring of 2011, that person will wait until spring 2012 for the next appointment.
Annual screenings are an important part of prevention. Keeping track of health and knowing one's numbers for cholesterol and blood pressure are valuable steps.
Those being seen on a yearly basis by a health care provider who is monitoring blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar should continue those annual visits.
To schedule an appointment, visit www.purdue.edu/worklife and click "Register Now," or call 49-45461.
For regional campus screening events, contact your campus program:
* Calumet: 219-989-2709, email@example.com.
* Fort Wayne: 260-481-6647, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* North Central: 219- 785-5519, email@example.com.