Contact Fidelity to change voluntary retirement contributions

September 8, 2011

Academic-year faculty and staff who changed their voluntary retirement contributions for the summer should contact Fidelity if they wish to designate a different contribution amount now that classes are back in session.

All faculty and staff -- both academic-year and fiscal-year employees -- who want to begin, stop or change voluntary retirement contributions have two ways to contact Fidelity to manage their accounts:

* Visit the Purdue-dedicated Fidelity NetBenefits website at
* Contact the Fidelity Call Center at 800-343-0860 from 8:30 a.m. to midnight, Eastern time.

Fidelity will process the requested change and forward it to Purdue's Payroll Department. Paper forms are no longer required. Voluntary retirement contributions are not refunded, so employees should plan ahead to have changes take place on the desired payday.

Purdue's voluntary retirement savings plan gives employees the opportunity for tax savings today and compounding interest through the years, which can be powerful tools in meeting their retirement goals. For more information, contact the Fidelity Call Center at 800-343-0860.