Deadline approaches for clerical and service staffs' use of paid personal holiday

May 3, 2011
Clerical and service staff can use their fiscal year 2010-11 personal holiday through and including June 30, 2011. The paid personal holiday does not carry over from one fiscal year to the next.
Each year, the University provides one paid personal holiday to regular benefits-eligible clerical and service staff who have completed three continuous months of service. The paid personal holiday, which employees may use for any purpose, is eight hours maximum and proportionate to the employee’s capacity utilization level (CUL) for the fiscal year.
To request the paid personal holiday, employees must submit a completed Human Resources Form 33Absence to their supervisors. The form is available at
The paid personal holiday for fiscal year 2011-12 will be available for use starting July 2, 2011.
For additional information or assistance, contact Cindy Stephens in the HR Service Center at 49-46832.