Spring Fling registration deadline approaching; event policies assist participation
Registration for Spring Fling, the annual appreciation event for faculty, staff, graduate student staff and retirees, will be accepted through 5 p.m. Friday (May 6).
Registration forms for the May 19 event at Memorial Mall were included in a mailing on April 8 or can be submitted online at www.purdue.edu/springfling.
Advance registration is required for the classic vehicle show, fitness walk, talent show, golf outing and to volunteer for the event. Those interested in the volleyball tournament can register during Spring Fling from 11:30 a.m. to noon.
All other activities including bingo, step dancing, yard games, Food Finders food drive, Bloodmobile donations and lunch do not require registration.
This year's lunch will include a turkey or ham hoagie, chips, pretzels, carrots, trail mix, apples and ice cream. A vegetarian option will be offered. Water and soft drink will be available. Lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
All staff can attend Spring Fling without loss of pay, vacation or personal holiday, according to University policy.
To facilitate Spring Fling attendance, Human Resources offers the following guidelines:
* Attendance is covered in "worked regular" pay status for staff attending during normally scheduled work hours.
* Temporary staff can attend as work schedules permit, but not in pay status.
* Staff scheduled on the evening or night shifts and those not normally scheduled to work May 19 are invited to attend. Adjustments to work schedules normally are not made to cover these staff members in pay status.
* Staff are not expected to return to work if one hour or less remains in their work day.
* Staff on vacation or sick leave on May 19 should remain on such status for the day. Regular pay status is not applicable for such staff.
For questions about these guidelines, contact Carrie Hanson at email@example.com or 49-47397.
Carryout orders must be placed in advance
For staff members who are in restricted positions and are unable to make it to Spring Fling, there is a carryout lunch option. To place a carryout order, call 49-47166. Orders will be accepted from May 9 through 4 p.m. May 13. No walk-in orders will be accepted.
Meals will be available for quick, convenient pickup from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. at Hillenbrand Hall. Signs will be posted to direct those picking up carryout meals to the correction location at Hillenbrand.
Forward phone calls if out
A simple message can help the Telephone Office staff on May 19 during Spring Fling.
Those who attend Spring Fling should remember to forward their phone calls to voice mail or to those who are providing phone coverage. That easy step can prevent an excess of phone calls to University operators on the day of the event.