Annual wellness screenings encouraged; dates for February announced
Appointments are now available on the West Lafayette campus for wellness screenings with the School of Nursing at the following times and locations:
* Tuesday (Feb. 8) -- 11-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-3:30 p.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5.
* Friday (Feb. 11) -- 10-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5.
* Feb. 18 -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:10 p.m. Mann Hall, Room 203.
* Feb. 21 -- 10-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5.
* Feb. 22 -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:10 p.m. Knoy Hall, first floor snack area.
* Feb. 25 -- 8:10-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:30 p.m. Johnson Hall of Nursing, Room B-5.
* Feb. 28 -- 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:10-3:10 p.m. WorkLife Programs office, Purdue West Shopping Plaza, 1402 W. State St.
WorkLife Programs provides these screenings for benefits-eligible faculty and staff and their spouses/same-sex domestic partners. Participants must bring their Purdue ID at the time of the screening.
Free screenings are limited to one per calendar year, so participants are encouraged to select the timing that works best for them and to stay on an annual schedule for their screenings. For example, if someone completed a screening in the fall of 2010, the person will wait until fall 2011 for the next appointment.
Annual screenings are an important part of prevention as well as a way for participants to keep track of their health and know their numbers for cholesterol and blood pressure.
If an individual has an existing medical condition, or is already on medication for any medical condition including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, or others, it would be more appropriate to see a health care provider for screenings.
To schedule an appointment, visit www.purdue.edu/worklife and click "Register Now." Those interested in a screening are encouraged to register at least 24 hours in advance of the appointment time.
If you have questions about the screenings, call 49-45461.
For regional campus screening events, contact your campus program: